Since 1946, G & V Machine Company, a full-service production CNC machine shop, has crafted various metal parts for our wide diverse customer base that includes agriculture, construction, off road highway trucking, forestry, mining, and other industries around the world.
The purpose of this position is to perform all duties of a Manufacturing Engineer and perform other tasks as assigned or requested.
- Develop CNC programs and setup sheets for all CNC machines.
- Determine tooling needed to achieve process and production goals with VP of Manufacturing Services.
- Maintain and updates edits made to CNC programs and setup sheets.
- Assist in development of new technology in tooling and inserts.
- Work with Product Engineering to concept fixture and jaw designs that allow for maximum efficiency and functionality.
- Assist machine operators or runs first piece production to analyze program efficiency.
- Perform needed changes to programs to address part quality issues recommended from the inspection department.
- Assist Production Manager and Manager of Product Engineering to determine scheduling of new product startup.
- Refine programs to improve process and/or help achieve efficiency goals.
- Member of Quality Planning team.
- Ability to develop CNC programs within “target” cycle time.
- Ability to apply knowledge of the latest tooling and manufacturing techniques to CNC programs.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
Education and Training
- Four year degree or two year degree plus two years experience, or 4 years of progressive experience in a manufacturing field.
- Advanced print reading, and GD & T skills and proficient knowledge of CNC controls.
- Trained to be proficient in CNC programming of lathes and machining centers.
- Trained on latest tooling and manufacturing techniques.
- Superior mechanical aptitude.
- Four years experience in CNC manufacturing activities.
- *Requirements can be waived at the discretion of the department manager.
If you meet these qualifications and are looking for a great opportunity to utilize your talents, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and will not now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
G & V Machine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer