Since 1946, G & V Machine Company, a full-service production CNC machine shop, has crafted various metal parts for our wide diverse customer base that includes agriculture, construction, off road highway trucking, forestry, mining, and other industries around the world.
Would you like to be part of our team that recognizes and rewards employees for a job well done and offers a generous total rewards package? As we continue to build our organization, be a part of our growth as:
The purpose of this position is to perform all duties of a Shift Lead Person and perform other tasks as assigned or requested.
- Set up jobs as required and assist production employees with setups and efficiency.
- Evaluate and assist in the training and development of production employees with respect to general shop practices, company policies, proper documentation, safety, and quality per SP-9.2.
- Provides supervisory coverage when required, assists on employee performance reviews.
- Reports any policy violations to Supervisor or Plant Manager.
- Assist machinists with process issues, tool life.
- Execute minor maintenance on machines.
- Complete documentation and investigation of on-the-job accidents (when needed) and monitor first aid.
- Assist Product Engineering with new product start-up.
- Document and notify the appropriate people of all machine problems and incidences.
- Understand shop start up and shut down procedures.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor or Production Manager.
- Document attendance occurrences.
Successful Candidates will possess the following:
Education and Training
Two-year degree plus two years’ experience, or five years of progressive experience in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to clearly communicate with employees, peers, and management.
Experienced as a trainer, outgoing personality and ability to motivate people.
Continuous self improvement through training, classes, or seminars.
Five years of progressive experience in a manufacturing environment.
Requirements can be waived at the discretion of the department head.
If you meet these qualifications and are looking for a great opportunity to utilize your talents, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and will not now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
G & V Machine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer