Toolmaker (1st, 2ndshifts)
Since 1946, G & V Machine Company, a full-service production CNC machine shop, has crafted various metal parts for our wide diverse customer base that includes agriculture, construction, off road highway trucking, forestry, mining, and other industries around the world.
Toolmaker (1st, 2nd & 3rd shifts)
The purpose of this non-supervisory position is to perform all duties of a Toolmaker and perform other tasks as assigned or requested.
Under the guidance of the Product Engineering/Toolmaking Manager, responsibilities are to:
- Manufacture and assemble fixture and tooling components to achieve estimated rates.
- Perform required maintenance of fixtures and tooling as needed or requested.
- Sharpen cutting tools as needed or requested.
- Perform rework on non-conforming parts.
- Submit fixtures, tooling, or parts to inspection for verification.
- Perform manual machining operations on job orders including manufacture of prototypes.
- Set up and run CNC mills.
- Proficient in CNC setup and operation.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
1. Two-year degree plus at least 2 years experience preferred or equivalent combination of experience and training.
We will train the right person for the job!
2. Ability to clearly communicate with employees, peers, and management.
3. Good mechanical aptitude, shop mathematics and understands machining processes.
4. Advanced print reading and specification interpretation.
If you meet these qualifications and are looking for a great opportunity to utilize your talents, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and will not now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
G & V Machine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time Pay: Depends on experience – including shift premiums