Since 1946, G & V Machine Company, a full-service production CNC machine shop, has crafted various metal parts for our wide diverse customer base that includes agriculture, construction, off road highway trucking, forestry, mining, and other industries around the world.
Under the guidance of the Quality Manager, responsibilities are:
- Monitors the flow of parts through inspection and floor audits to coordinate the most effective methods.
- QA representative on the Quality Planning Team. Responsible for FMEA’s, Control plans and capability studies.
- Generates computerized programs that measure dimensional characteristics of a part.
- Develops programs, with engineering assistance, to qualify fixtures and/or tooling.
- Assist in the duties of a QA Technician as needed.
- Revises CMM programs per print changes or to analyze, review and rewrite programs to increase operating efficiency.
- Instruct technicians to use new or revised CMM programs.
- Review with engineering part processing, fixture clamping and customer drawing to establish planes and datums.
- Maintain tip calibration files per CMM and backup files/programs on a regular schedule.
- Instructs technicians in new or best measurement systems and techniques.
- Collects all documentation required per customer P.O. or quality requirements.
- Reviews gauging requirements for new and current parts.
- Generates and controls new/revised In-Process Quality Plans.
- Collects and monitors SPC data for compliance and forwards reports as required.
- Administers the gage calibration program, maintains calibration records to include customer supplied gauging and files certificates.
- Assembles and submits new part approval packages to customers.
- Facilitates periodic Gage analysis studies. (GRR)
- Assists print interpretation to inspectors and machinists.
- Facilitates in employee quality training programs.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Two year technical degree in QA or 5 plus years of practical experience in Quality Assurance.
- Ability to clearly communicate with employees, peers, management and with customers.
- Good mechanical aptitude, shop mathematics and understands machining processes.
- Experienced as a trainer, outgoing personality and ability to motivate people.
- Ability to calibrate and adjust basic gauging equipment.
- Advanced print reading, specification interpretation and advanced CMM principles.
- Knowledge of CMM software commands and ability to execute computerized programs.
If you meet these qualifications and are looking for a great opportunity to utilize your talents, please send your resume to email@example.com. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and will not now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
G & V Machine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour (depending on experience)