Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Since 1946, G & V Machine Company, a full-service production CNC machine shop, has crafted various metal parts for our wide diverse customer base that includes agriculture, construction, off road highway trucking, forestry, mining, and other industries around the world.
Would you like to be part of our team that recognizes and rewards employees for a job well done and offers a generous total rewards package? As we continue to build our organization, be a part of our growth as a:
Manufacturing Engineering Technician
The purpose of this non-supervisory position, located in Ixonia, Wisconsin, is to improve manufacturing processes to raise product quality and profitability. They plan, test, and custom make industrial products, and assist in implementing improvements in manufacturing processes and output. Under the guidance of the Programming and Toolroom Supervisor, responsibilities are to:
- Analyze production processes, schedules, and methods and provide management with data to enable a better understanding of future requirements needed for the manufacturing process. Document test procedures and results as necessary.
- Solve routine technical problems. Monitor/measure manufacturing processes to identify ways to reduce waste, best utilize space, decrease time requirements, or improve efficiency, quality, and performance.
- Prepare layouts, drawings, or sketches of facilities, machine/equipment, such as shop tooling, scale layouts, or new equipment design, using drafting equipment or computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Install and evaluate manufacturing equipment, materials, or components. Oversee equipment start-up, characterization, qualification, or release.
- Create computer applications for manufacturing processes or operations, using computer-aided design (CAD) or computer-assisted manufacturing (CAM) tools.
- Operate complex industrial and processing equipment.
- Ensure machine/equipment and processes adhere to ISO and safety rules and practices.
- Monitor machinist training programs, auditing and certifying operator competency and proficiency.
- Establish and maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment utilizing the concepts of 6S. Comply with all safety and health regulations.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Education, training, and experience equivalent to an associate degree in manufacturing engineering, manufacturing technician or comparable with 1-3 years of directly related experience and proficiency in machinery or manufacturing processes. Coursework should be supplemented in blueprint reading, math, CAD/CAM applications, safety.
- Hold a broad technical view and understanding of manufacturing process design including statistical methods that will enhance or improve the speed, quality and cost effectiveness of production processes.
- Basic math and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build positive team relationships; a working knowledge of ISO and continuous improvement methodologies with a holistic viewpoint; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, setting priorities and managing time effectively.
If you meet these qualifications and are looking for a great opportunity to utilize your talents, please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and will not now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
G & V Machine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $24.00 – $30.00 per hour (depending on experience)