Machinist (all shifts)
Since 1946, G & V Machine Company, a full-service production CNC machine shop, has crafted various metal parts for our wide diverse customer base that includes agriculture, construction, off road highway trucking, forestry, mining, and other industries around the world.
Would you like to be part of our team that recognizes and rewards employees for a job well done and offers a generous total rewards package? As we continue to build our organization, be a part of our growth as a:
Machinist (all shifts)
The purpose of this non-supervisory position, located in Ixonia, Wisconsin, is to set-up and operate lathe and milling machines to produce precision metal parts that meet precise specifications. Under the guidance of the Shift Supervisor, responsibilities are to:
- Operate CNC Lathes and/or Machining Centers to produce a variety of small to large parts with minimal scrap, achieving posed rates, and recording minimum indirect labor hours.
- Review drawings, instructions, and blueprints or samples to ensure accurate production.
- Plan proper sequence of tasks to complete assignment.
- Inspect parts using different gauges, routing requirements, customer drawing requirements (measuring skills will be utilized), quality plan dimensions, and SPC chart tacking to ensure quality assurance.
- Document completed labor, quality checks, while reporting errors and defects as required.
- Identify need for machine/tool maintenance and perform minor repairs.
- Learn machine set-up, utilizing provided documentation (set up sheets, quality plans, routings) to gather and organize equipment needed (fixtures, lathe jaws, tooling, inserts etc.) to be able to perform setups in a minimum amount of time.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- High School diploma or GED equivalency with at least two years of machining experience in a manufacturing environment. Must possess a solid working knowledge of manufacturing software and data input capabilities.
- A working knowledge of safety protocols. Must be able to walk or stand for up to 4 hours at a time and be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build positive team relationships; a working knowledge of ISO and continuous improvement methodologies with a holistic viewpoint; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, setting priorities and managing time effectively.
G & V Machine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you meet these qualifications and are looking for a great opportunity to utilize your talents, please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and will not now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $18.00 – $24.00 per hour (depending on experience) with a 2nd/3rd shift premium