Shipping Clerk – 1st Shift
Creating Parts For High Profile Customers
At G & V Machine Company, we recognize and reward our employees for a job well done. Would you like to be part of our team with generous pay, varying options for time off, and great benefits?
G & V was established in 1946 and is a woman owned family business. Our machinists craft various metal parts for our wide diverse customer base that includes, agriculture, construction, off road highway trucking, forestry, mining and other industries around the world. We are conveniently located in Ixonia near HWY 16 and Interstate 94 between Madison and Milwaukee, WI. We have employees from all surrounding cities and many that have been with us for a decade or more.
Under general supervision, the Shipping Clerk is responsible for all aspects of daily shipping, including but not limited to preparing items for shipment, comparing identifying information, counting, weighing or measuring items, calling freight carriers, proper packaging, packing slips, bill of ladings, shipping labels, barcodes, ASN’s, UPS shipments, final examination of outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications, completion of computer work and loading trucks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Proficient in all aspects of daily shipping, including but not limited to UPS, unloading trucks, weighing, and labeling containers.
- Performs and ensures accurate and timely computer and physical transactions as well as verifies accuracy of transactions/paperwork regarding shipping or other required material or goods activities.
- Lift truck operation. Proper daily and weekly lift truck maintenance.
- Perform dock maintenance per illustration posted by dock and record on log.
- Package, stack, assemble, disassemble, bundle or band materials or dunnage using appropriate tools.
- Performs cycle counting as requested.
- Performs year-end physical inventory.
- Maintains clean, organized work environment and adheres to all safety standards, procedures and regulations.
- Snow removal and salting of shipping area when needed.
- Contributes to team effort in a collaborative and supportive manner.
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of progressive experience in a shipping role is preferred.
- Experience within an ISO controlled regulated environment preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Articulate with use of good grammar skills.
- A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
- Excellent materials management skills as applicable including customer order fulfillment activities & shipping, packaging, supply documentation, and critical thinking and problem-solving capability.
- Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, suppliers, and employees.
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts with respect to job-related situations.
- Demonstrates sound judgment when following through with priorities.
- Ability to handle interruptions and maintain focus.
- Knowledgeable of transactions within ERP systems (Global Shop is preferred).
- Proficient in MS Office
- Writing skills required to complete documents, forms maintain reports and write procedures
- Reliable and flexible to work additional hours on short notice to complete orders and/or special projects to meet customer demands.
- Experience in shipping both domestic and international.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Wages and Benefits
The position pays $16-$20 per hour (based on experience) and would be working full time on 1st shift We offer a variety of excellent benefits to our employees including:
- Great health plan that has zero co-pay charges for office visits
- Choice of 2 Dental plans
- Vision plan
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Perfect attendance program
- 401k with company match (Roth or Pre-tax)
- Vacation at 6 months
- We offer a $2,500 referral bonus (when an employee refers a new employee, that is given to both the current and the new employee at the 6-month anniversary). Other perks include: safety lunches, holiday lunches, holiday pay, annual employee/family outings, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 per year for continuing education.
We provide masks for our employees, staggered break times, hand sanitizing stations, encourage social distancing.