G & V was established in 1946 and is a woman owned family business. Our machinists craft various metal parts for our wide diverse customer base that includes, agriculture, construction, off road highway trucking, forestry, mining and other industries around the world. We are conveniently located in Ixonia near HWY 16 and Interstate 94 between Madison and Milwaukee, WI. We have employees from all surrounding cities and many that have been with us for a decade or more.
Under the direction of the Shipping and Receiving Manager, the Shipping Partner is responsible for wrapping, labeling, banding, and moving products within the shipping and receiving department as well as on the production floor as needed. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, flexible and works well in a team environment.
Job duties include but are not limited to…
- Responsible for all aspects of daily shipping
- Preparing items for shipment
- Comparing identity information
- Counting, weighing, or measuring items
- Calling freight carriers
- Crafting proper packaging, packing slips, bill of ladings, shipping labels, barcodes, ASN’s, UPS shipments
- Conducting final examinations of out-going shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
- Completion of computer work and loading trucks
- Experience using handheld scanners
- Forklift/lift truck experience
- Cross-train with receiving to function as back-up
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility with working hours – willing to come in early or stay late
- Excellent attendance is necessary
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- High School diploma or GED equivalency with at least two years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
G & V Machine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you meet these qualifications and are looking for a great opportunity to utilize your talents, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and will not now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Job Type: Full-time
You can also apply in person at N8100 Industrial Drive, Ixonia, WI 53036.